November 26th 2008 remains as one of the scariest days in my life. Living so very far from Mumbai, I can feel the shivers that the terrorist created. It was one of the most terrifying moments in most of the people’s life. There are millions of people reporting about the tragedy but none of them talk about the solution to it. If there is any then it is just filled with anger because of loss of near and dear ones and the pain the terrorists inflicted upon the entire nation. We were just mute spectators. This should not happen again and if that has to become a reality then it is our job to do such a thing.
I believe that in a home, if your parents are not having any healthy habits then the chances of you learning any healthy habits is very bleak. I know it is not impossible but it is difficult. Similarly for a country the leader should be responsible and sensible to lead the people from within. It is from these leaders we learn how to rule the nation and they give out wrong signals.
These were some of the observations that hurt me most:
1. Maharashtra CM comes to Mumbai from Kerala after 10 hours after the terrorist attack was informed to him. Does he care about Mumbai? If he really does then I guess he would have been there in just an hour or lesser. I know he must have had work and all that but still you have to give priority to certain things. When I know my mom is in danger I just can’t enjoy or think about anything else till I see my mom out of danger. Is it not CM’s responsibility to take care of Mumbai?
2. Terrorists were killing Israelis in the beginning itself fearing that the Israel’s combat forces might come very soon within just 5 hours after learning about the incident. Since the terrorists had orders to finish them off. They never bothered about Indian combat forces. Such a shame! It is disgusting for someone taking us for granted and they merrily killed people just like in computer games.
3. I pay so much money as tax just like other people. Our budget for defense is much higher than anything else. Still it is a shame that police officers have some very poor ammunition and the terrorists had the best of them. Terrorists are generally funded by some wealthy guy or guys. It won’t be bigger than the taxpaying population of India. Still we can’t get the latest ammunition. I hate to see the police officers like this. Can’t they get better equipped ammunition?
4. Shamelessly some politicians give out statements regarding police officers that they are corrupt and all that and once they die the same politicians claim that the martyr is a hero. How dumb can that get? I feel if the politicians can change their mind so fast then what will happen to the promises they make when they ask for vote? I guess that is the reason we are just a developing nation and we will be developing nation for ages. We need to change such politicians. Don’t we?
5. Media is filled with sadistic people. They can do anything just about anything to get news and increase the TRP ratings. Come on how sick can that get? Do we really need such people? Why there are so many news channels? God knows what they get out of this. In a recent fight clash between some castes in Chennai’s Law College, the students were hitting a poor soul very badly and all that the inspectors standing there were not even bothered as though they were standing like they had come for a ceremony. Such a cheap state our police force is. To top it, the camera man was busy shooting the incident rather than lending a hand to that poor soul. Isn’t it human to expect someone to ask for help? Can’t we help anyone? Are we so much obsessed with news and TRP ratings? Please media, have some sense. When the entire episode of operation cyclone was unfolding, the camera man was so busy with his shots. I agree that he is a brave soul and all that but still I don’t think it is right on his part to do such a thing. You can argue that if the combat forces had asked him to come along otherwise how he would have gone so far. I agree that can be a possible scenario but there is something called “Consciousness” that most of us lack. Just think this way, if the terrorist were following what is happening around them through some device then I am sure that he would have known where exactly to hide and what to do. Can that happen? I don’t know whether you might agree to this or not, but I feel this could have happened. I know I am imagining too much but why take a chance in such a situation?
There are many more incidents which I don’t want to go in detail about. All that I have done in last two three days is just think about it, the very first thought is just bomb neighboring country, how can they be so inhumane? Then I realized there are civilians out there just like you and me. They have not done such a grave mistake. It is some people who indulge in such activities. Why punish everyone? The next thought was why the police and other combat forces waiting for CM’s orders. Can’t they function on their own? It might be good for today but not in the long run. In our country people with little power does such a big menace, if the police get so much authority then the whole country will dance to their tunes. Which I don’t think it is right.
We are ruled by some people who don’t know what to do for the people. All that they know is how to make money and play the political game and we shamelessly vote for the same kind of people. I am sure that not today or tomorrow there will be any difference if we are being ruled by same or similar people. Life is going to be like a rotten potato and nothing else. It is no fun living such a life.
What should we do? This is my call and I hope at least 100 readers of this post do the same. I know it is very small but a change is a change and I believe in it. I believe if I want to change the world then I need to change. My proposal is, “NOT TO VOTE” to some lame leader. It matters to me, I don’t want to elect some incompetent leader and then see the country suffer in his hands. Karnataka’s ex-CM had a rally which halted the city life for more than 5 hours and he says that let the Bangaloreans get to know the pain of village life. My sincere and humble question to him is, HOW? Our leaders are like this. There is no exception. I won’t vote just because I have to. I have the option of not to and I will exercise it. It is a shame that people vote without proper knowledge. I am referring to only the educated people who know (I assume!) what is right and wrong. It is a pity that the uneducated people still fall prey but it will surely change. When the educated lot thinks nothing significant, how can you expect others to be in the right path?
THE MESSAGE IS VERY CLEAR FROM MY SIDE “DON’T VOTE FOR INCOMPETENT LEADER”. REFRAIN FROM VOTING IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANY RATHER THAN VOTING FOR SOMEONE AND FEELING THE PAIN. IT IS OUR NATION AND WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT.
A REQUEST TO YOU IS, PLEASE SHARE THIS WORD WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND OTHERS. I HAVE A READER’S BASE OF 30 PEOPLE AND IF YOU GUYS FEEL THAT THIS IS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THEN PLEASE LET OTHERS KNOW. THANKS FOR READING SUCH A LONG POST AND WE WILL MAKE A BETTER INDIA FOR THE COMING GENERATIONS. I BELIEVE EVERY INDIAN HAS A RIGHT TO LIVE HIS LIFE THE WAY HE WANTS AND NOT DIE IN THE ARMS OF TERRORISTS.
PLEASE SHARE IT… THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SO CONSIDERATE..