Today is World’s Friendship Day. I wish each and everyone of you a Very Happy Friendship’s Day. I have got great friends throughout my life and I owe a lot to each of them. Each and every friend of mine have taught something special to me and with the help of it, I have made great progress in life. Though these days I am not in touch with my good friends. Their memories are always with me. I miss my friends dearly. I can quote millions of reasons for not being in touch with them, but honestly I regret for doing it. Life teaches you lessons in a hard way and I agree completely with it. When all my friends were around me, I did not think much about them and now when I stand all alone, I feel the pain. It is very hard to explain what I am going through.
My friends are great. They were with me when I badly needed them. I did not contact them earlier nor was I in touch with them. When they knew I was in trouble, they came to help me and they did help me in a great way. They are really very sweet. This is FRIENDSHIP. I will always stand by them to support them.
I learnt many things from my friends, I wish to list few of them. They are:
1. Smart working: My friends always taught me how to work smart. We were supposed to be the cream of class (High School). I was hard working (dumb) and my friends were working smart. They never hid things to themselves. They learnt it and taught me as well so that I can also be smart just like them.
2. Compassionate: I never knew to be compassionate towards anyone. I was brought up in such a manner. They changed the whole equation. They taught me how to see things in a different perspective without which I wont have been what I am today.
3. Life Rocked: It was a great fun being with my friends. We used to have a ball of time. We never knew how time moved. We just did not have enough time when we were together. We did not have any money, still we had no issues. We used to talk everything on earth. We had such great fun.
4. Watching Movies: I love watching movies and this is due to my friends. I was not a movie freak. But the whole thing changed. I guess you tend to become more or less what your friends are. I started watching all kinds of movies with them. It was one of the greatest moments in my life which I cherish every now and then.
5. Games: I have played everyday when I was in School. Life was so much filled with games. These days I hardly play. The kid in me has died. Whenever I meet my friends I do play, they make sure that kid in me becomes alive. I have had loads of fun.
The list goes on and on…
Life is beautiful with friends around. Not everyone is as lucky as me to have great friends. My friends are great.
Happy Friendship day. Have a great time friend. Wherever you are, I will always be with you. A poem that I found for you my dear friend.
A Simple Thank-You, My Friend
Into the dim lit, bare walls of my world,
You entered, bringing light and life to me,
The vivid colors, painted with a swirl
Of wit and charm, of personality,
With tender care, you added comfort, warmth,
And images that line the now bright walls.
I look upon them fondly, bringing forth
A thankfulness that you walk in these halls
With me; our friendship has become a part
Of my world now; it has its special place,
Within my being, life, and in my heart,
Your name hangs right beside your smiling face.
Rememb’ring just how drab these walls had been,
I have to thank you for the light, my friend.