Most of the people are willing to buy the iPhone. There is nothing wrong or right about it. It is more of a status symbol than just a phone. The engineers with loads of money just wanna show off flashing their iPhone, that’s it.
Let me get into Technical stuff now. It is not to discourage you from buying the iPhone but providing you the details as it is.
1. As of now, there is no support for 3G in India and I am sure most of them are aware of it. Now what is the point in getting a iPhone which supports 3G?
2. No AD2P on the bluetooth.
A2DP technology is a new music revolution allowing you to send CD quality stereo music from one device to another without wires. A2DP is stereo music sent over Bluetooth without the hassle of plugging cables. Bluetooth Wireless Technology with A2DP technology makes mobile phones, pda’s and computers capable of streaming music directly to products such as the X5 Stereo Headset or the Sonic Portable Speakers.
The Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) is just one of the modes available for Bluetooth technology.
3. No sharing of files between phones. (Very sad)
4. No video recording. (Why on earth have a camera then!!)
5. No flash and Java support.
6. No MMS. (What is Apple thinking??)
7. Can’t use the 8GB or 16GB of space in the phone as an external storage media. (Why give so much storage in the first place then?? eh?)
8. Buy stuff from iStore. (Apple this is the biggest mistake, come on, you are in India and I am certain people are not ready to buy anything that comes in for a less price and also when we can get pirate stuff, why to pay for it in the first place eh?)
9. Only one sim per phone. (Give me a break, this is heights. If my sister or brother wants to use, he can’t change the sim. Absolutely bad :(.. How can you think Indians will approve all this eh?)
10. Services – If something goes wrong, (come on it might be a jesus phone but it is afterall a phone, things might go wrong) then you have to give it to only Apple Store and get it fixed. They will charge you dearly.
My Verdict : I won’t buy the phone. It might have great User Interface, sleek and stylish look but after two three months these features won’t still be great for me. I would like to change carriers or share music or files and all that. I am sure Jesus phone won’t allow me to do all that. Then why to pay heavily (22K or so, not sure!!) and later crib about it.